SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bumblebeezgw

Pottery Barn no longer has Customer Comments?

Or, is it me and I can't find them? I have always found them helpful but I think they no longer exist.

Comments (86)

• Victoria Amarasiri
    2 years ago

So agree with everyone. I just purchased a set of white wine glasses for $50 that are so cheap and flimsy. I went online to review the product and couldn't find product ratings and landed here. I will join the group no longer purchasing online from Pottery Barn and their conglomerate until they change this policy.

• cosettev
    2 years ago

I ordered the brown leather chesterfield sectional two years ago because I thought it couldn’t be damaged by my 3 dogs. The good news is it’s great for the dogs, no more hair on the couch and no dogs or people either. When I received the piece I called customer service and said this couch is too hard will it get softer with time? She said yes as you sit on it it will soften. That was 2 years ago and it’s still so bad it’s like sitting on a concrete fence, even the dogs avoid it. It looks great, cost $5000 as I recall but is so uncomfortable it’s painful. I’m thinking about getting seat cushions redone. If that doesn’t help, it goes. Be warned. Stay away from the leather chesterfield sectional unless you have a chiropractor on speed dial.

• Related Discussions

Pottery Barn delivery experience?

Q

Comments (35)
    I would rate it a zero if I could. Terrible experience. Ordered a rug and was told a 4 week delivery. It was four months. Rug was sitting in a warehouse in GA for 6 weeks so I knew it was available for delivery. No communication, delivery dates would come and go with no communication, I had to follow up myself. Finally received my rug yesterday! Supposed to be delivered by11:30, I got it at 2. I was ok with that. Guy who delivered it sliced open the packaging and also sliced the rug right through. Customer service was atrocious. Hung up on twice. Was offered ten percent off the rug or a new one to be delivered in 2 to 4 weeks. I almost cried. I told the customer service rep that she stop quoting delivery times that are lies. Asked if she got a lot of complaints about delivery times. Crickets. Talked to supervisor and he seemed concerned and was sort of helpful. Asked him to be honest with me regarding ever shifting delivery dates and he said it rarely happens. I told him it happened to me on my last two orders. It is truly a shame. I have ordered thousands of dollars of merchandise from them over the past two decades. They were my store of choice for rugs, windows, pillows, etc. because they had good quality and good customer service. I will never order from PB again. They should spend the money they use on sending me a thousand emails a week and on their website and work on their quality and service issues.
    ...See More

Benchwright table from Pottery Barn - to wax or add coat of poly?

Q

Comments (98)
    This furniture is wood chips compressed with glue, with a slap of cheap stain on top. It's awful given how much the pieces cost and how long you have to wait to have them delivered. The upholstered pieces don't hold up to real life either. I've also experienced dye fading in expensive PB towels and bathmats with the very first wash, while using a mild detergent like Cheer to protect the colors. The spots never stop appearing. Pottery Barn would not even consider taking them back. So I buy all household textiles elsewhere. Walmart has better quality towels. We shall see how these retailers fair in the next year or so, as the economy is changing rapidly, and how responsive they are to customers when there are fewer of them.
    ...See More

Who makes Pottery Barn comfort sofas?

Q

Comments (0)
    I know Mitchel Gold + Bob Williams does some of the furniture for pottery barn (or at least they used to? Manhattan leather club chairs). I've heard some comes from Rowe and some from Bauhaus. I'm just curious what other companies might supply Pottery Barn? Their customer service is shady, orders are taking way longer than quoted, and they also just got rid of the slipcover I *really* wanted and was saving up for. Sigh. So now I'm starting over trying to find a quality sofa. I want a sofa that's been around a long time so that I can purchase more slipcovers in the future if needed. And I want the slipcover to be machine washer and dryer friendly so I can launder at home. Thank you!
    ...See More

Pottery Barn Jake Sofa vs. Crate & Barrel Gather Petite Wood Base

Q

Comments (33)
    We bought the C&B Gather sofa plus ottomon in leather last year.. It is the standard depth sofa and we were not able to sit in that poarticular sofa prior to ordining it. We ran into the typical delays due to supply chain issues (7 months). When it was delivered, the delivery guys dropped the sofa in the street and damaged the leather. C&B ordered a replacement (another three months). Both of us hate this sofa! It is very uncomforatable. I am 5'11" and it is too deep to comfortably site upright. The back cushions are not fastened to the sofa in any way so they are constantly slidding down. Even when pushed back, the do not provide good back support. I cannot sit in this sofa more than an hour or so before I get a backache. I wanted a sofa/ottomon combination rather than buying a sectional for the verstility so it really limited my selection of sofas. This was a big mistake. On tiop of that, dealing with C&B sales, customer support and their finance company was a real nightmare that I will never go through again.
    ...See More
  • bgraetz
    2 years ago

Don’t order from PB! Over $2k and 2 months later…we still don’t have our rug. Twice we have been waiting here on the scheduled delivery day, only to be told they’ve “lost” our rug and had to reorder. No apologies…no explanations…no offer of any discount or credit for our hassle. In fact…when we asked, they told us they would discuss any adjustment ONLY after we receive our rug! Horrible customer service and an attitude like we should be lucky to be buying from them. Absolutely unhelpful and impossible to work with. Like the product…but disappointed with the company.

• Mary Perry
    2 years ago

I won’t purchse ANY BEDDING from Pottery Barn unless at the store from now on. i just received a very used and tattered quilt that cost me $279 that was so disgusting that i had to wash my hands asap after i put it back in the fedex bag.

• Cynthia Cole
    2 years ago

Pottery Barn has gotten more and more expensive, while the quality of their items has decreased. My whole home is filled with PB purchases made over the years, but I am done with them now. I have had to return half of the stuff I ordered this year due to low quality. Goodbye PB.

• Jennifer Henry
    2 years ago

I purchased a throw blanket online, and when it arrived it was clearly used. The $110 blanket was pilled and covered in dog hair. Disgusting. I went online to write a review and discovered that is no longer an option. When I returned the blanket in person the customer service was horrible. I will never buy from PB again .

• peachlilymimo
    2 years ago

I am writing to comment on the quality of a nightstand I went to see in person, before ordering. It’s the Farmhouse nightstand. Description makes it sound like it’s well made: kiln dried wood, English dovetail joinery, exclusive finish applied by hand, smooth motion. Even in the store it is a piece of junk for $700. Drawers do have dovetail but they catch and stick as you pull out. Finish feels and looks like plastic. I am sure it would hold up to spills, but it doesn’t look or feel like real wood. Back of it has a chintzy looking cover. Needless to say I am not buying. Previously bought a linear chandelier, the glass globes for which my electrician couldn’t get to hang straight. Tried to return but past the 30 days. Returns on defective products should be honored, even past the normal return date.I thought the experience was a fluke, but apparently not. I won’t buy from them again.

• Deborah Allton Maher
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

So grateful for everyone's comments. I was about to purchase a slip covered sleeper sofa from PB since I had a good experience with their sofas years ago. Like all of you here I also was annoyed that there are no reviews or comments on the PB website, but when I looked online, including Houzz all I could find were horrible reviews. I am still looking for a high quality queen size sleeper sofa that is super comfortable as a sofa and a decent mattress for frequent use of family and friends. This is for our house on the lake and therefore has to hold up to wet dogs, grandkids, binge watching etc. Does anyone have a suggestion or positive experience with sleeper sofas? Thank you!

• peachlilymimo
    2 years ago

Try Wesley Hall’s Signature Elements line, which is customized furniture. They are very high quality, made in NC. Last year I bought 2 sofas, 1 loveseat, and 2 ottomans VIRTUALLY from Hickory Furniture mart in NC. I did my shopping at a local store choosing fabric , styling, and all custom elements. They provided a quote, but the same quote from Hickory Furniture Mart saved me a couple thousand dollars. The sofas are really comfortable and I ordered mine in soft Crypton fabric, which is performance fabric. The fabric is beautiful, but I ordered mine in a white, and even though it’s Crypton, it’s still difficult to keep clean (stains are not a problem, it’s everyday grime that I am tackling). However, I am so happy with that purchase that I am about to order a sleeper sofa from them too. I haven’t sat on their sleeper sofa but the pamphlet says they use Kingsdown mattresses. How many sleeper sofas advertise the brand of mattress?? Anyway, I am about to place an order. This month there is free shipping too. And no, I don’t work for them, I am just a happy customer. Impressed with the service I got last year (they assign a designer when you ask for a quote, and mine were super helpful). Keep in mind, last time I talked to them, the lead time because of Covid is REALLY long ( I think 5 months? but it is custom made) so if that doesn’t bother you, talk to them! So worth it.

• Deborah Allton Maher
    2 years ago

Hello! Oh my, this is so helpful! What a generous response, thank you! I will absolutely check this out. So if I understand you correctly, you researched Wesley Hall's Signature Elements line of furniture in person at a local retail store and then went on the website for the Hickory Furniture Mart and ordered what you had picked out at the store? We have friends who have made the trip to NC to buy furniture when they built their house. They purchased very high quality furniture there and saved thousands. This however avoids a long trip, while still being able to see the furniture before purchasing. I will post my progress here! Thank you again!

• peachlilymimo
    2 years ago

Yes. I think if you google Wesley Hall and look up their retailers you will hopefully get a store close to you. Another quality line (I saw in the same local store, and researched online) is CRLaine. I am going to be buying overstuffed armchairs from them at Hickory. If memory serves, I think they also have a custom line, and sleepers too but they don’t specify brand of mattress. My search for Wesley Hall began with a search of furniture manufacturers using Crypton. Based on your usage (dogs,etc) I highly recommend it, just don’t get a really light color LOL!! Hickory carries a ton of furniture brands.

• Kevin
    2 years ago

My wife and I spent a significant sum on drapes and drapery rods for several windows and two patio doors at Pottery Barn. The drapes were average quality at best and the drapery hardware is essentially unusable. Whoever designed it never took the time to see if it actually worked. We will now have to search for new hardware (drapery rods and rings) to replace what we purchased. I was shocked that PB no longer has customer reviews so consumers can be warned about bad products.

• Coco C
    2 years ago

They delivered a scratched cutting board and the mason stoneware scratches easily. No review options on the pottery barn website are available. The quality is not what it should be esp for the price.

• Robert Kliman
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

DO NOT ORDER GIFTS from this company!!!!! This has been the worst experience of my online life. worst customer service, double order charging your credit card without authorization!!!! will not accept returns!!!! 4 phone calls and still not fixed!!! will call again today and will update!!!!

• Kevin
    2 years ago

I do not understand how Pottery Barn stays in business. Poor quality merchandise at inflated prices and no customer service. They had to eliminate customer reviews to survive.

• heather kogan
    2 years ago

They are the worst! i biught a mattress from them that they know is defective but they said i had to contact thrbmanufacturer. i did and they said i would need to submit a claim that could take weeks. in the meantime, i have nowhere to sleep but they refuse to refund me my money back bc they dont give refunds on beds. what am i supposed to sleep on? they are awful!

• kpfeffs
    2 years ago

How did I not realize they don’t allow reviews on their website?? What an enormous red flag. Bought their Wheaton stripe linen/cotton duvet and no exaggeration it has the texture of burlap. It’s so rough even my dog won’t sleep on it. Unbelievable.

• dschwags
    2 years ago

It looks like all of their store (Williams Sonoma, West Elm, etc) have gone away with customer reviews. I feel is this is really unfortunate and disenguios to customers.

PB and their brands have Great designs, however the implementation and workmanship has most definitely suffered over the years. I can only imagine that the upper management has noticed this as well and got tired of hearing about it on product reviews, so instead of fixing the product problems, their solution is to have the consumer shop strictly based on emotion (Fancy showrooms and spectacular pictures) and not fellow consumer based experience and knowledge.

We went to the store and ordered Metal Indio dining table, chairs, and Chaise Lounge chairs. Upon delivery, while they all look great the manufacturing and the quality control has definitely suffered, the chairs legs are not exactly square as a number of them have a rock as one leg is a bit smaller (unfortunately there are no adjustments on the feet, my trip the the hardware store fixes this) .

The Chaise Lounge Chairs we returned as they were retaining water inside the aluminum frame following rain, when moved water was heard in the frame, and when tipped on its side it would slowly drip out. Yes, aluminum does not rust, but over time it will corrode. The agent on the phone suggest i purchase furniture covers, since i was within the 30 days I suggested that they pick up the chairs and refund my money. They then had the audacity to try to make me pay a pick up fee. Fortunately some common sense persuasion yielded positive results.

• scsbaileys
    2 years ago

Pottery Barn Furniture no longer good quality. I ordered two Malcom nightables and after a few months of use the wood top splintered. The finish on the matching dresser is splotchy. I now realize why the website doesn't have customer reviews.

• Berta
    2 years ago

I'm done with PB seems like everything they sell lately is garbage. I purchased Paxton glass pendent lights not on sale either waited 5 months for them and they are already Crizzling after 7 months

( yes Crizzling is a word and it's a big problem) this is not my first issue with PB and Crizzling I purchased drinking glass that do the same thing. No quality control and prices are just absurd for what you are getting. Done done done.

• Kathryn Hearn
    2 years ago

Wow, this thread is so eye-opening. I recently ordered 3 large, pricey planter pots from Pottery Barn. I got an email from them after I’d placed my order that two of the pots were backordered for at least 5 months (if you knew that immediatly after i placed the order, why wouldnt you update your website?). i received the third pot, which is described as an ”artisan” planter. It’s so cheap and dingey looking in person, it looks like something i could have bought for $30 from the hardware store. and it is definitely not ceramic. I’ll be returning that one as well. I had no idea Pottery Barn had declined so much but it makes sense why theyve removed reviews from their website! I went to my local nursery instead and found gorgeous, truly artisan ceramic pots made in Vietnam for less money than PB was charging.

• pickle gaming
    2 years ago

Years ago, I worked for Potterybarn during the holidays. I was shocked at the disconnect between unpacking boxes of average goods from China and the beautifully marketed stores. The bottom line on Potterybarn, and this has been true for years, is marketing. Most of their items are over priced and you can find similar, less expensive, items from other discount stores. I've recently had a horrible experience with picking up boxed items from one of the stores. The boxed items were put in my car by an employee, at the store loading dock. Only after I drove an hour+ back home did I realize one item was completely wrong, even though they were supposed to be identical. Then the very painful process started to try to correct this, including being shipped a new item and not being credited for the "incorrect" return. I can only describe the countless hours on the phone, and emails to upper management, as life sucking. This all points to a breakdown in operations, logistics, service and the supply chain. Enough said!

• Ellen Eylanbekov
    last year

PB service and system if AWFUL!!!! I ordered a vanity online and initiated a return 3 days after. I received 2 different replies to the cancellation with conflicting info. I called several times and no one knows what is going on. 2 months later I am still waiting for my refund and am on hold again for over an hour. I love PB design and quality but will never ever make a purchase from this company again.

• Lady DPO
    last year

My faith in Pottery Barn has been lost. I bought a leather couch from them and within a week, our dog tore right through the very thin leather by just jumping up to rest. We had an old leather couch that he did scratch, but never tore right through in over eight years of use. Needless to say, we immediately banned the dog from the couch and called PB to order a new cushion AT OUR EXPENSE. They refused to let us order one and said they will only reorder fabric cushions; no leather. Should it have scratched from the dog? Yes, probably. Should it have shredded like torn skin? No.

Additionally, I tried to order a couple of their Kirkham leather benches to match our furniture and was told that the delivery fee for one or more (they weigh 14 lbs. each ) would be in the hundreds of dollars! They called it a "standard delivery fee." I asked if they could ship them to the store where I could easily carry them out and they refused. The fee for a 14 lb. bench was the same as the cost to deliver our couch. Needless to say, we didn't ever order the bench(es) and will not be reordering anything from them again. Their quality has gone down hill, as has their service. I was a PB addict for many years. Not anymore. (Wayfair has some copy cat benches that are actually good enough for the few times we'll use them!)

• Mikey H
    last year

We ordered a bed and were still waiting 3 months. They only delivered half. The worst is getting emails saying they will
    Deliver on a certain day, you clear your schedule then they email you saying they can’t deliver. It’s happened 4 times. I finally cancelled my order, told them to pick everything up and I am going to ikea. They fact that they got rid of reviews says it all. I don’t understand how they stay in business.

• Fred Noturbusiness
    last year

I have never written a negative review but I felt compelled to do so regarding my extremely poor experience with a Pottery Barn product and the customer service I received. Ordered 4 leather counter stools in March 2022 and floor protectors pieces broke within 1 month on 2 chairs and others are cracked. Therefore chairs are useless or will cause damage to hard floors. First complaint is cheap design of piece that needs improvement which should be an easy remedy if the company cared enough about customer satisfaction. Stools are still being sold and even the store models have these parts broken. Called customer service first time in May and thought situation was remedied and replacement parts would be shipped. Was told it may take several weeks to receive parts. Nothing ever received and called again in July and was told nothing ever happened regarding my complaint but would be followed up on again. Finally called again today, October 27 and was told to “just go buy your own replacement parts from Target or other hardware store.” So 2nd complaint is obviously disgustingly poor customer support/response by them.

• Charles S
    last year

Without a doubt, one of the worst experiences I have had with a retail product. The ONLY upside was that they allowed us to return the products.

Dec 2021 we went into a retail location and bought a 6 and 8 foot couch in white leather. We had a PB couch that we had bought from an outlet... it had a lot of miles on it and the back cushion stuffing was pretty flat as was the seating surface. We were hoping that a new one would a much better experience and bought it knowing that it would take 5 months to show up from Asia.

We end up getting it in July, a couple of months late but it was really pretty, good leather and more comfortable than the old couch which we happened to store in the garage in the hopes of donating it.

The new couch was comfortable for about a month, then it started having the same issues as the old, PB Outlet bought, couch. The back cushions provided no support and little padding... and the seat bottoms were starting to feel like we were sitting on bare wood. At this point we contacted customer service...

Customer service was nice, but fairly useless and very inconsistent. Every call to them was like we were calling the company for the first time. There seemed to be no system to record our previous conversations. We were offered partial refunds and to have someone come out and partially restuff the cushions. In following calls we were told they could not restuff the cushion. On another call we were told they could offer more of a discount... on another call, that they COULD get new cushions, but would have to contact the manufacturer (wait... I thought PB was the manufacturer?)... then eventually we were told we could return one, or both couches.

This purchase was expensive. After having the couches for about 3 months, we opted to return them. PB refunded the entire purchase, which I think was the best they could do in the situation, but it still left me with a couch problem. Reluctantly I brought the old, very well worn, probably a floor model, Potter Barn outlet couch in from the garage.

And you know what? It's just as comfortable / uncomfortable as the brand new couches we returned! We are just going to restuff the cushions ourselves while we hunt for the next couch.

We have furnished our house extensively from Pottery Barn, but based upon this experience we will only be buying from the Outlet Store as I think those prices are in line with the quality and durability of Pottery Barn's products.

• medusa11365
    last year

Just add my 2 bits -- ordered 2 Carneros Pendant lights. Open the package and the glass shade is so thick and uneven that light barely shines through it and there are large spots where it doesn't shine through at all. Just terrible. It's as if no one looked at this product at any point in the process before they put it up for sale. Now I know why reviews aren't allowed on the site. I can return fairly easily, but it's still a hassle. These lights should never have been sold. Waste of my time. I don't trust Pottery Barn now. Was looking at their sofas but I'll just pass...

• Tim OConnell
    last year

Horrible customer service. They scheduled delivery on 4 occassions and canceled all four times. We finally cancelled the order. This company should not be in business, let alone bought from under any cirumstances.

• Jeffrey Christensen
    last year

I have been purchasing home decor items and furniture from them for years. I Always felt quality was adequate, a decent value for the price point. Not anymore. We purchased a slipcovered sofa from them 2 years ago. My wife and I live alone and are retired. Not what you would condider a furniture wear scenario. The sofa looks like something I purchased from Walmart. Fabric splitting and pilling, what junk. Called them and they could care less. New slipcovers cost 3/4 of the price of a new sofa. Pottery Barn, and ALL affiliates are dead to me. They should be embarrassed.

Angry and disappointed, Williamsburg, VA

• Tracy Griffin
    last year

They no longer have them because they are ashamed of what people are uncovering about them!

• Shane Rosendahl
    last year

They should be embarrassed with their complete disregard to customer service and satisfaction. You would expect this from a small shady company abroad somewhere, not a company that charges a premium. After spending 10's of thousands with PB, I'm done and for life.. Customer service told me her manager is not available.. Not concerned whatsoever..

• mamabear56
    last year

Hi, I have bought many items from PB through the years and always noticed they have a good design /poor quality. When you purchase an item online often they want you to pay for it and then they give you the total amount for the purchase. They are not helpful on the phone at all, usually saying if you don’t see it it’s not available. I would say the last 10 yrs or so it has got worse , and some time around/during Covid or when they stopped sending /having catalogs it became more difficult to shop there for several reasons. When I have time I like to look at their products and see if I can find something similar elsewhere ( usually at a much lower price point). They also have switched item dimensions on me ,after I put something in the cart. I love the look of their Belgium Flax drape panels and have been desperately trying to find something similar elsewhere but it’s been very hard to find quality- if anyone has any thoughts where to find them I’d so appreciate the info. I have recently had success with some of PB’s accent pillow covers, but most things I buy I’ve been disappointed with. And recently decided to not give them my business anymore.

• terry
    last year

Really poor customer service. The reps just give you standard scripted answers to questions. I ordered something in early February that was back-ordered till May. They initially put a temporary charge through, which was then removed by American Express shortly thereafter. This week, 6 weeks later, they put through another charge, and when I looked at my account (as I did not receive any shipping alerts), i see that the item is still back ordered till May 30 yet there is a tracking number that was created on Feb 22 which when I tracked via UPS it indicated that ”label was created” and no movement. When I tried to have a chat with rep, i was given a total runaround. told that they will put through several temporary charges on back-ordered items to make sure the funds are still available. this is outrageous. why on earth are you putting multiple temporary charges through, particularly on an order that was only $116. Makes absolutely no sense. Why not just wait till the item is ready to ship.. Also why create a shipping label over 2 months in advance? I don’t believe that UPS will works that way. To make matters even more frustrating, the rep kept insisting that there wasn’t a UPS label created, when it was clearly there. Even after I sent her the tracking #, she said it wasn’t a UPS number. Seriously, get better reps who actually take the time to do their job and give valid, accurate answers. On top of this, i foolishly placed an order yesterday for about $430. Todaly, I look at my American Express and there are TWO pending charges from Pottery Barn, one for the $430 and another for $448. I placed one order, why are you putting through multiple charges for the same order. Lastly, their inventory system is the WORST. They cannot tell you if an item is in any of their stores, their solution is for YOU to put in Zip codes of every store in the country, wow, really?? I worked for another major retailer for many years, and we were able to put in SKU numbers and tell customers which stores had the items they were looking for, don’t know why a company the size of Pottery Barn can’t do the same. Just anotehr way to frustrate your customer.

• Ethan Hanson
    last year

We bought a bed frame for $2k+ in January, delivery in February, then pushed to March, the April. Then once it was scheduled in April, we were rescheduled 3x because they couldn't find a part. Once it was delivered, they sent the wrong footboard so they couldn't install it, and it was damaged. We've called customer service a few times over this experiences and no one seems to really care. I realize now that the company is having major issues from Customer Service, to delivery operations and the quality of their product. I went to rate my experience, but there is no where to do that...I can see why now, my rating end-to-end is a 1-star experience.

• HU-14891817
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

After a recent horrible experience with Pottery Barn I came to Houzz for a dining table and am in the middle of another bad experience with the wrong model table delivered, deep gashes along the table sides and a scar on the table top, all requiring refinishing to correct. I plan to keep it and restore it myself, however no one from Houzz customer support has provided a fair deep price reduction. Hoping Houzz doesn't slip into Pottery Barn mode, as you can see by their terrible reviews on Trust Pilot, my 1 star review among them.

• HU-390343725
    9 months ago

I used to think that Pottery Barn was a quality brand, so either I was ignorant, or their standards have plummeted. In March 2022 I ordered patio furniture and the couch and chair frames arrived as expected but then the cushion delivery kept getting pushed back. When the cushions finally came in August, they were fine. But the deck box arrived with a big crack on one side, and the packaging was completely intact, so it must have been shipped that way. Customer service did give me a discount (I glued the piece back together). In April 2023 I ordered a two piece hutch for the dining room and the bottom piece had flaws that, for the price, should not have been there. Since they were mostly covered by the top piece, I just ignored them. I feel like my idea that Pottery Barn is "nice" furniture is outdated. I did order the patio furniture at a time when the supply chain was suffering, but it irritates me that in the last year I have seen many Costco sets of the same quality and style for 1/3 the price. And I hate that PB doesn't have reviews on their site.

• Susan R
    8 months ago

Very POOR QUALITY product. Ordered Delaney nesting coffee tables Oct 1/22, with an expected delivery date of Oct 14/22. Pottery Barn efficiently charged my visa on Oct 13/22 but then changed the expected delivery date several times. Tables finally delivered Dec 1/22 but there were several defects in the marble, including a crack, so PB arranged to have them replaced. Replacement tables were received April 26/23 but the finish was still very poor. Machine sanding swirls were visible across the tables (hard to capture full extent of problem in picture). PB told us we could have the tables replaced one more time but that was it. If the next set was of similar poor quality, too bad, you have to keep them. Since we didn’t want to take that risk, they offered a 20% discount which we felt was inadequate given that we’re going to have to look for a local business that can sand down the tables to a smooth finish. So, almost 9 months after the tables were ordered, that’s how things ended. We spent $1700 CDN on these tables, thinking that PB products were of good quality. Sadly mistaken. Will never buy another item from them.

• 4thesingletonfamily
    8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

Warning-there is a reason you can't review pottery barn items and the retailer! Quality and delivery are problematic!! Don't be fooled by their "Contractor Grade" line, it is not quality. Don't order furniture or anything that requires a delivery service from them. We have had nothing but problems from them on every room we've purchased for (dining, kitchen bar stools, 2 teen bedrooms). I've went through two delivery companies the last year with them and both have been horrible. 1) Delivered 6 barstools in boxes to our neighbors house with no notice! This was supposed to be "white glove". 2) Leather quality issues on dining chairs, requiring "repair" appointments and inevitably replacement leaving mismatched stain on half of the dining chairs. Our PB teen bed delivery has been canceled and rescheduled TWICE (each time adds 30 more days). This was for an in stock bed! PB Teen has our money, and William Sonoma customer service is at the mercy of the delivery companies. They are unable to assist. Our designer hates using the William Sonoma brand of companies, I see why. I wish I saw all the bad reviews before I purchased!

• lacoatsatt
    6 months ago

My daughter ordered a Cloud Duvet Cover in July to take to college in September so we did not need to open the pack until she got to school. She found that the duvet cover was so frail and ripped. I tried contacting PB customer service online, they just sent an auto reply and ended the chat. I called their number and the first CSR claimed that the call was choppy, the second CSR claimed she was contacting her supervisor and dropped call. The 3rd CSR was heard coughing while she was supposed to be contacting the second CSR and whoever the supervisor was, but she came back to say item was delivered in July and so more than 30 days ago and they would not be replacing it. Bottomline is PB has a horrible CS and it is very risky buying something from them online.

• Julie Dollar
    6 months ago

I have had very slow deliveries taking 4 to 6 months for quilts and poor quality! This is not the way they used to be. I will never use them again!

• Buff
    5 months ago

I love Pottery Barn but live 3 hours from the closest Pottery Barn, so accurate descriptions and reviews are critical. The lack of reviews is a problem. I just bought a quilt at a sale price online, and it was much darker than the photo. A) Sale items should be marked as un-returnable, which it was not. B) a Review of the item would have provided important feedback that would have prevented my wasting $250.

In a separate instance, I bought a sofa, it was delivered to another state, then lost. Pottery Barn must improve its customer service!!

• Alyssa Fernandez
    5 months ago

Pottery Barn should definitely bring back customer reviews, and the order tracking data on its website is unreliable, but I'm going to be a dissenting voice and say that I ordered a PB English Arm slipcovered sleeper sofa and it not only arrived promptly on the first day of the delivery window they'd given me when I placed the order, but it is STUNNING. (It's currently covered in Merlot faux mohair velvet, though I plan to order other covers.) So there is hope! I'm sure comparable merchandise may sometimes be available elsewhere for less, and I wish PB would bring back some of its percentage-off sales, but some of my favorite purchases have come from Pottery Barn, especially when it comes to holiday decor. Whatever problems they may have with the supply chain or with manufacturing quality control, their design team is excellent.

• Amy Lynch
    4 months ago

Total Scam.
    Pottery Barn is not the same company it used to be. I ordered several items from Pottery Barn online on 9/17/23. Half my order shipped.
    For items that didn’t ship, they still CHARGED my card for on 9/18/2023.
    This was not a custom order. It was a curtain rod & a seasonal doormat.
    When I go online their website and put in my order # it just keeps saying "preparing to ship" and delivery dates come and go. After yesterdays delivery date came and went I logged in and see it has pushed out another future date. With no email or call communication of any sort. Would be okay, EXCePT they took my money 3 MONTHS ago and I was NEVER told the 2 items were on 'backorder' or 'out of stock'.
    There is no option to cancel on their website. So I called the CS and she just repeats the same script that it can not be canceled if it is in "prepare to ship". I asked to have a supervisor call so I can get it canceled and was told I can, but it wouldn’t matter as they can not cancel it either due to "company policy".
    After 3 months and no idea if they will ever be shipped, all I want is to cancel and get my money back. I have requested that of them, with no resolution.
    I have purchased many things over the past 20 years from this company.
    Not. Ever. Again.

• lenorabbarnes@gmail.com
    4 months ago

I bought the cute PB Reindeer mugs last year for Christmas.

We ended up not using them until this year. They were tucked away in my kitchen cabinet in their box until we brought them out this Christmas.

I rinsed them out and used Two, one for hot chocolate and one for tea.

The person with the tea suddenly had the hot liquid coming out at the base. At first she thought she had spilled it and grabbed a cloth.

While this was happening the other person was pouring the hot water into the Chocolate mix in his cup, there was a cracking popping sound and the hot chocolatey liquid spewed out from a very large crack running vertically down the side.

In the meantime the hot tea cup was continuously seeping from around the base of the cup but we couldn't see a crack anywhere.

After cleaning up the mess and making sure no one suffered any burns, we cleaned out the cups and checked them out.

One had an obvious crack that had occurred, while the other one used for tea had no discernibly visible crack.

BUT we discovered that when you ran a wet finger around the bottom of the sides of the inside base of the cup , you could feel a hairline crack running almost completely around the inside base circumference.

These cups come in a package of 4 and are expensive considering 2 out of 4 cracked when used for hot drinks.

We are afraid to use the other two cups for fear of getting burnt.

l wanted to read reviews of these cups but cant find ANY reviews on any of their products.

This leads me to thinking they purposely don't have anywhere to post them.

From a CS perspective this is a very poor optic, doesn't inspire brand loyalty or any desire to continue to purchase their products. Trust and belief in the brand providing quality products is seriously compromised.

I also purchased a woven duvet cover that I have to needle in a couple of loose ends that were left sticking out the

”GoodSide” of the cover.

Shoddy finishing work with a no care attitude.

• Wendy Hockett
    last month

We ordered two Blake Rectangular Mirrors in the fall for a bathroom remodel. We checked within the 30 day return window to make sure they were not damaged. The contractor hung the mirrors about a month later. They are VERY distorted overall. We only get a reasonable reflection right in the middle. There was no way to view the mirrors in the stores and no reviews. So disappointed with PB!

• PRO
    Zoe
    last month

Bought the Indio Eucalyptus X-base extending outdoor dining table and do not recommend purchasing it. Lovely when it arrived but within 3 weeks the stain began chipping. I should’ve returned it then but it was in a couple of spots so took a wait and see approach because the “white glove” delivery was a nightmare and didn’t want to deal with PB. 6 months later and it looks awful, chipped stain and warping. The table looks like it’s decades old. Terrible product!

• HU-710861732
    14 days ago

They don't value their customers. They have a very short term perspective and it will catch up to them - maybe sooner than they think. They'd rather take advantage of a situation and make a few extra $'s now and lose the customer forevermore instead of foregoing a dollar or two today, doing right by the customer and keeping them. Details may no be overly important but come down to them not accepting a return of an item that was delivered damaged and then treated with utmost care and respect (not used in any way, original packaging retained in pristine condition, etc.). I HATE PB and will never even think about buying there again.

• PRO
    Margo Nathanson Interiors
    6 days ago

I'm a designer and have had terrible experiences with them lately. I use them as a last resort. They are a Williams Sonoma company but I haven't had issues with WS Home, Rejuvenation, or even West Elm (the latter I have had issues, but not lately).

• Kristel Fransella
    2 days ago

Pottery Barn linen sheets breakdown quickly. Customer service is useless. Go anywhere else.