SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_769502233

Will this Chandelier light our dining room enough?

Kate Spadaro
16 days ago

We are very close to ordering this chandelier for our dining room, images below. After a lot of research it seems it might be a little but too wide (36”) for the room which is 11x13 but I am hoping it will still look okay. The ceilings are 10 ft. There is no other lighting in this room currently, and the three windows don’t get a ton of natural light. We are currently using the room as a giant playroom for our two babies, so size of dining table isnt a concern. We just need a light in there! And I want it to make a statement (eventually it will be used as a formal dining room). My questions for this group are - how do I know if it will emit enough light for this room?

There is an option to purchase either linen or natural paper shades – will either make a big difference in terms of the light emitted? They ar slightly different sizes. Which one would you choose and why?

Should I purchase the LED bulbs from them for $128 or buy them myself elsewhere?

Is there anything else I’m overlooking or anything that would indicate that this chandelier is not compatible with my existing junction box?

The price point makes this an investment piece for us. Thanks I’m advance!

https://www.visualcomfort.com/vivian-large-one-tier-chandelier-tob5032/?gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADwKxXK9fI3RFMyqOOvOc8N8NVlIb&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_-39w6XthQMVSjfUAR0CwAaIEAQYASABEgL6nPD_BwE#2461=36031&1651=57841

Comments (10)