SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivahgal1

Please help me choose exterior paint colors ASAP!!

rivahgal1
14 days ago

Hi there. Desperate to choose paint colors for siding, shutters, and doors, as our painter moved us up on his schedule and will be starting later this week. I am attaching a photo of the front of the house. It's not recent, so landscaping has been redone, and the trees to the right have been trimmed back or removed to open up that side.

The house is north-facing, which makes the colors tough (for me). The current siding color is an off-white that leans gray. I had narrowed the options for siding to either Alabaster or Oyster White (SW). Still like them, but I will say that Oyster White looks surprisingly creamy in a yellowish way in spite of the orientation. Maybe not a bad thing, but I don't know. Alabaster less so, but still creamy. Wonder if Alabaster will be too bright in spite of the north thing. I am hoping to achieve a slightly warm, fresh, and charming look without being bright. Subtle.

For shutters, I am looking at Farrow and Ball Pigeon, Card Room Green. Maybe Treron? I painted a couple of damaged shutters with Pigeon and Card Room Green, and - very surprisingly - Pigeon looks quite light. It could be the formulation of the sample... plus - to get it done quickly - I did a SW color match. It does appear pretty accurate.

For the front doors, I am considering going for a green that is a couple of shades darker... such as SW Antique Pewter.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County