SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3pinktrees

Granite countertop ideas for blue/white kitchen??

3pinktrees
9 days ago
last modified: 9 days ago

We're finishing up work on a tiny kitchen for an apartment we're making. The cabinets will be the blue color in the picture below. The backsplash will be delft tiles, to the ceiling. There is a large window, so lots of natural light in the kitchen. The floor is a light maple that tends just a touch warm in the light of the room.

I want a *very* bullet proof counter. My daughter will be living there initially, but it will function as a guest suite, spot for some of our children in college over the years, and possibly short-term rental at times. Anything man-made with plastic/resin that can be heat damaged is out. Things like butcher block that will be damaged by a knife are out. I currently have granite in my main kitchen, and we beat it up all the time and it's perfectly fine. So that's what I'm looking for in this spot as well!

Ideally I'd like a budget granite that's not super busy. Any ideas of what would fit that bill color-wise? There are just so many options it's hard to narrow it down. I'm getting quotes from local people and Home Depot. There are about 26 sq ft of counter.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County